Do you or your students ever wonder how long trees live in NH? Is all bark the same? What is the difference between a hardwood and a softwood tree? What products are tree made into? What else lives in our forests? Find the answers to these questions–and much more–in this supplement to PLT’s PreK-8 Environmental Education Activity Guide.
Download the entire Focus on NH Forests environmental education activity guide, or download individual sections:
- Have a Successful Field Investigation
- Watch Out for Poinonous Plants
- Get in Touch with Trees (PLT Activity #2)
- We All Need Trees (PLT Activity #13)
- The Fallen Log (PLT Activity #23)
- Birds and Worms (PLT Activity #25)
- Web of Life (PLT Activity #45)
- Make Your Own Paper (PLT Activity #51)
- Looking at Leaves (PLT Activity #64)
- Name That Tree (PLT Activity #68)
- Tree Cookies (PLT Activity #76)
- Resources (Contact information for UNH Cooperative Extension foresters, conservation organizations, land trusts, NH history, and information about the PLT curriculum guides.)
Note: This publication does not contain complete copies of these activities from the PLT guide; instead, it provides information specific to NH to use with the selected activities, so it easier to teach about the forests in our state.